Why should you apply for ESO certification?
- Aims to improve the quality of patient care by reducing variation in clinical processes – Evaluation by standard established by consensus in ESO and emphasis on clinical practice guidelines help organizations establish a consistent approach to care, reducing the risk of error
- Provides a benchmark for quality of stroke management – Certification standards help organize and document the stroke. This helps establishing high level of quality, by documenting access to primordial treatment and care in stroke patients
- Provides an objective assessment of clinical excellence – ESO auditors have significant experience in stroke care, provide expert advice and follow well-defined criteria for evaluation based on the "European Stroke Organisation recommendations to establish a stroke unit and stroke centre". (Stroke 2013; 44:828-40).
- Creates a loyal, cohesive clinical team – Certification provides an opportunity for staff to develop their skills and knowledge. Achieving certification provides the clinical team with common goals and a concrete validation of their combined efforts
- Promotes a culture of excellence across the organization – Meeting ESO standards is an accomplishment, which certifies that the organization meets the European standard of excellent stroke care
- Facilitates marketing, contracting and reimbursement – Certification may provide an advantage in a competitive health care marketplace and improve the ability to secure new business
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment and services – Achieving certification makes a strong statement to the community about an organization’s efforts to provide the highest quality services