About European Stroke Organisation (ESO)
The Mission of the ESO
The mission of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke. ESO aims to improve stroke care by providing medical education to healthcare professionals and the lay public. By offering best practice approaches, the ESO’s goal is to harmonise stroke management in Europe. ESO works as the voice of stroke in Europe to bring about political change. The ESO focuses on European level projects while working toward global solutions. The ESO is dedicated to the following purposes:
- Raising awareness regarding all aspects of stroke.
- Developing public policies to reduce the number of deaths by stroke and improve the care of stroke patients and the quality of life of stroke survivors.
- Fostering professional and public education.
- Establishing international teaching programs through national/regional organisations.
- Supporting national societies to finance a greater level and range of activities.
- Encouraging regional activities of organisations, stroke networks and foundations meeting the ESO objectives.