The ESO Stroke Unit Committee has been mandated by the ESO Executive Committee to establish the ESO Stroke Unit/Centre certification project. The Stroke Unit Committee has been responsible for defining the submission and evaluation criteria and for defining the overall process.
ESO Stroke Unit Committee:
- Diederick Dippel (Chair), Netherlands
- Aleksandras Vilionskis, Lithuania
- Ana Catarina Fonseca, Portugal
- Apostolos Safouris, Greece
- Bjorn Thorarinsson, Iceland
- Michael Bar, Czech Republic
- Joaquin Carneado-Ruiz, Spain
- Thomas Gattringer, Austria
- Tobias Neumann-Haefelin, Germany
- Vlad Tiu, Romania
The aim of the Stroke Unit Committee is to lift and equalise care for patients in Europe who have suffered a stroke by the use of systematic and comprehensive audits of stroke units and stroke centres to improve patients´ management and outcomes. This aim will achieved by certification of European stroke units and stroke centres.